tomcat-users mailing list archives

From slickdev <slick...@comcast.net>
Subject tomcat won't load oracle driver
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:21:10 GMT
I have Tomcat 3.3 and cannot get any web apps to recognize the oracle jdbc drivers, which are
contained in an oracle file named classes111.zip.  I am confident of the oracle installation,
as I can successfully run queries from command line java programs, using the same class file
and driver.  The system out always indicates that tomcat cannot find the oracle driver.

Predictably, I have already tried moving the oracle class file among many directories under
%TOMCAT_HOME%, including lib, apps, common, container, and of course, I have also placed it
at various locations within the web-app\<application> directory sub-dirs.  I always
restart tomcat after moving the class file.

Nothing works.  Tomcat cannot or *will* not find my oracle class file.

Advice appreciated!

R/
JMSlick