tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Halil AKINCI" <haki...@ktu.edu.tr>
Subject application deployment
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:50:08 GMT
Hi,

This is mine work environment;

CPU: Intel Pentium II 400 MHz
OS: Windows 98
Container: Apache tomcat 4.0
Java environment: jdk1.3

First I created a directory (called "Vt") into the tomcat's webapps directory, than wrote
my servlet and compiled it (webapps>Vt>web-inf>classes>VTServlet.java). I created
my web.xml file (webapps>Vt). Afterwards, I created ServletContext. To do this I added
following code line into the server.xml file:

<Context path="/Vt" docBase="Vt" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

To start my application I wrote following URL

http://localhost:8080/Vt/servlet/VTServlet but I receive an error message (" Page not found")
each time.

Can anyone help me? How can I run my application?