tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Automatic start from /etc/rc3.d ???
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 05:11:59 GMT
> Oh and you'll probably want to define:
>
> JAVA_HOME
> CATALINA_HOME
> (or TOMCAT_HOME as appropriate)
>
> directly inside of tomcat.sh or catalina.sh

Has anyone had problems with this? I'm experiencing startup problems. The script is all setup
*that* way and running it manually when the system is in Run Level 3 starts it up, just fine.
However, when system boots, Tomcat starts and keeps running for 5 to 10 seconds, then it just
plain exits. Nothing in error logs (except "catalina starting"), nothing on the console.

I will add that this is Tru64 UNIX 4.0D (Digital UNIX or DEC OSF/1) and I had problems with
the startup scripts, due to some shell quirkiness. That has been resolved by some simple change
in the scripts. Is it a problem for Catalina if it looses STDIN/STDOUT while attempting to
startup? Because, that is the only big difference in boot startup and manual startup.

Nix.