tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Connection pooling doesn't work for me ... Help !!
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 04:53:28 GMT
> I'm using the JNDI Datasource setup fine with Tomcat 4.0.3 and Sybase.

Several guys have reported that Sybase works OK, so does Oracle 9i. With PostgreSQL, I am
constantly out of luck. Right now, I'm preoccupied with some other work, but I'll get to the
bottom of the PSQL mistery.

> There's no need to specify a factory as Tomcat has a Datasource resource
> factory built in.

Yes, and it should work - but it doesn't. For most of us, DataSource is null and nothing apperas
in the logs.

> Note that I've used the ConnectionPoolDataSource class - not sure if
> this makes a difference.

Well, yes and no. The actual class should be CPDS, but your application shouldn't specifically
ask for it, but for DataSource. The container will use CPDS and cast it to DS for your use.

Nix.