tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Millson" <...@atsga.com>
Subject RE: Security - Attack
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:24:24 GMT
I think it makes sense to filter these out. They're easy to identify by
looking for the .exe extension. I think its less demanding on the server to
do a redirect than it is to display an error page and write an entry to the
log file. Why should I let my log files fill up w/ garbage? And what better
place to redirect them to than M$?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Cato, Christopher [mailto:ccato@rational.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 9:11 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Security - Attack

a simple purpose - since it's my home machine, i did it just for fun. Since
M$ allowed Code Red and similar viruses to thrive on Windows systems, while
saying that "Windows is perfectly secure", why not try a redirect to their
systems. At least I got a laugh out of it.

christopher - a bored guy.

For additional commands, e-mail: