tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simon" <>
Subject Serlvet manager of tomcat
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:05:25 GMT

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 on Sun JDK1.3, i would like to if there are `better`
manager of tomcat, so that, say, i can view the currently instantiated
servlet, or idle/zombies servlet...?

During the developement of my web-application, my developers reported that
sometimes tomcat fail to respond. And even i did a, tomcat
simply dead did not shutdown completely. I need to do `kill PID` on it.

As a developer/deploy-er, i would like to know which servlet(s) hang (?) the
tomcat conainter. The default `manager` web-apps does not provide this

One last question, doing a "ps fax | less" on my redhat system returns, say:
25794 pts/2    S      0:04
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1_02/bin/i386/native_threads/java -
25839 pts/2    S      0:00  \_
25840 pts/2    S      0:30      \_
25841 pts/2    S      0:00      \_
25842 pts/2    S      0:00      \_
25843 pts/2    S      0:03      \_
25844 pts/2    S      0:00      \_
25845 pts/2    S      0:00      \_
25846 pts/2    S      0:01      \_

The parent ".....native_threads..." was actually the "mother" of all
servlet...does the above each child `thread` (or proecess?) corresponds to
ONE and only one servlet (instance)?

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>