tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ravishankar S" <ravi.shan...@ionidea.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:41:27 GMT
hello juan,

u have to copy the mm.mysql.jar file to ur <applnroot>\WEB-INF\lib...all
files that u place in lib will be in classpath when u start the server....if
it still gives error then unzip the jar file using winzip or some other
tool....unzip it to classes directory ..then everything should work fine...

regards,
ravi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan" <velazquez@htmlspider.com.br>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 3:53 PM
Subject: JDBC Connection

Hello,

I'm trying to connecting with MySQL, but I'm getting the following error:
 >> javax.servlet.ServletException: No suitable driver
at
l.java:457)
at org.apache.jsp.index$jsp._jspService(index$jsp.java:805)

The JDBC driver is at the classpath, and I'm able to connect using a
standard Java application. But with Tomcat I'm getting an error.
Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,

Juan José Velázquez Garcia
Web Development