tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Shafik" <gsha...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Converting an Applet to gif, jpg to load into servlet
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:37:08 GMT
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to convert a simple applet (AWT) to gif, jpg file. Our main goal is to
run the applet in the background (server side) and load the respective images into a servlet/JSP
page. We have had some success with this but for some unknown reason much of the color in
the applet like background is lost and we get a gif, jpg file with all the text but a black
background.

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
George Shafik