tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Trasuk" <stratus...@on.aibn.com>
Subject RE: [offtopic] IDE for Tomcat?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:57:47 GMT
Hi Cindy:

	I've had fairly good experience using xemacs (http://xemacs.org/) and Ant
(http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html).  Xemacs comes with
syntax-highlighting and Java development modes (class wizards, etc).  Setup
xemac's compile command to invoke Ant, and you've got a not-bad IDE, if you
ask me (They'll both run under NT as well).  For developing on Linux, you
could probably keep using ssh windows, or setup Cygwin/XFree86 for X-Windows
access (I've found this works pretty well also, except that Swing GUI's over
X don't give very good performance.  For server-side development, though,
it's fine).

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.ca