tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Yank" <ke...@sitepoint.com>
Subject RE: New Apache 2.0 / Tomcat 4.0.3 Windows Setup Guide
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:58:23 GMT
Yes, mod_jk and mod_webapp serve the same purpose. At the moment,
however, the only connector that works with Apache 2.x on Windows is
mod_jk, and the only connector that works in Apache 2.x on Linux is
mod_webapp. Strange state of affairs. :-P

As for Apache/Tomcat versus Tomcat standalone, yes -- the
configurability, flexibility, expandability, scaleability, and security
of Apache are the main reasons to stick with Apache as your primary
server. When it comes down to it, Tomcat is still just a REFERENCE
IMPLEMENTATION of the Java Servlets/JSP specification.

___________________________________

Kevin Yank
Technical Content Director
SitePoint.com - Master the Web!

e: kevin@sitepoint.com
w: www.sitepoint.com
___________________________________

 http://sitepoint.com/article.php/305

 It covers everything from obtaining and installing a working version of
mod_jk to setting up Tomcat as a Windows service without using any 3rd
party software.

 I also plan to publish a Linux version of this setup guide within a
week.

 Feedback is welcome!

--
Martin Shears BS(Maths&CompSci)| Email: mshears@staff.chariot.net.au
Chariot NetConnect             | Web:   http://www.chariot.net.au/

You are reminded that this e-mail and its attachments are subject to
Chariot Internet Limited's legal disclaimer located at
http://www.chariot.net.au/disclaimer.htm. You are encouraged to read it
carefully to be aware of risks involved in electronic communication.