tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Traum" <mtr...@cirnetwork.org>
Subject classloader issues between catalina and webapp even when using 'common' directory?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:09:49 GMT
Hi,
I've been trying to modify Tomcat's (4.0) AccessLogValve so that the to have
it look at a custom session object to determine the user. Pretty
straightforward change, except for classloader issues. According to
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html, I
should just be able to move the class file which defines the object to the
$CATALINA_HOME/common/classes directory, and then the class will be
accessible to catalina as well as webapp's. Unfortunately, my webapp does
not find it then.

Any help?

Thanks,
Mike