tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Seidl" <smse...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject Servlet / Tomcat question
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 01:19:20 GMT
I'm stumped.  I have a web application (term used loosely) which was
created using Borland's JBuilder.  The servlets in this application
worked fine when I ran them in JBuilder and accessed them locally.  I
now want to place them on an Apache Tomcat web server.  I can compile
and deploy the code using ant and Tomcats manager (which also show that
the web-app is running).  The problem I have is that I don't know how to
correctly call these servlets from the html.  With JBuilder we called
them with the following type of command:
http://localhost:8080/servlet/ltshoppingcart.cart.

Can someone give me some idea on how to call these servlets with tomcat?
I do not have a web.xml file within my WEB-INF.  I do not quite
understand the role of this file, and how to configure it.  Any help
with either of these topics is welcome :-).

Thanks
Scot