tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rich" <>
Subject New User - Many Questions To Come
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:38:01 GMT
...First post...

I'm not new to web development, but I am new to Tomcat, new to JSP, and
pretty-much new to Java.   My background is in VBScript ASP, IIS, etc.

I finally figured out that I could not have my tomcat handling DNS stuff
without setting it to listen on port 80, and that IIS really loves
trying to get in the way of things.  I am finally past all that now...

[ My Setup: Win 2k Server; Tomcat 4.0.4; JDK 1.4 ]

First question...

When I try and put a session timeout constraint in my web.xml file, the
application will not start.  I place the following code in the <web-app>
(^C^V directly from Tomcat's example):

And the app is a no-go.  When I run 'list' in the manager app it says
the root app is stopped and the other apps are fine.

Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

Many more questions to come.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message