tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "alastair" <alast...@smartidea.com>
Subject Basic Authentication: Tomcat 4 and IIS 5.0 generates 403 Error
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:28:53 GMT
We are trying to get basic authentication to work with Tomcat 4 and IIS
5, however it generates a 403 error instead.

Can someone point me in the right direction? We managed to get it
working in Tomcat 3.3, but now the pop up just isnt appearing  -- it
goes straight to the forbidden page.

Can someone help us with this please?

Thanks

PS :- Not sure if this helps, but we have added the following tag to the
context-specific web.xml file. What changes (if any are required to
other files, such as conf/server.xml, or IIS itself) to make the basic
authentication work?

 <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
	<web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
       <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
       <http-method>GET</http-method>
       <http-method>POST</http-method>