Howdy, and welcome to the list ;) You should put the JavaScript file NOT in the WEB-INF directory. Put it under your web application (ROOT in your example). Stuff under WEB-INF is not accessible to the browser. See the Servlet spec from Sun on how to organize files under your web application. So in your case: the servlet is fine where it is. Move the .js file to /ROOT/code_lib.js. Include it as "); > >So, in the resulting html we have "... > >When I run the servlet the generated page cannot find the .js file. Where >should I put files I want to include in the outputted html (such as .js and >.css files)? Can this even be done? > >Dave > > > >-- >To unsubscribe, e-mail: unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org> >For additional commands, e-mail: help@jakarta.apache.org> -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: