tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Mclaren" <RMCLA...@mf.co.za>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4 install / config
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 14:28:49 GMT

You can not have two processes ( Tomcat and Apache) listening /
processing requests on the same port. If you have Apache running on port
80, Tomcat will fail to start if it is configured on port 80.

Apache can serve jsp pages via Tomcat using an AJP connector. Here is a
'how to' link to configure Apache with Tomcat.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html

Hope this helps.

Robert McLaren