tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jari Ikavalko <jaika...@cc.jyu.fi>
Subject Re: OutofMemoryError
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 13:17:10 GMT
Hi Matthew and co.,

have you tried to examine tomcat -behaviour with a profiler? I tried with
OptimizeIt, and it seems to me that the Garbage Collector doesn't free
memory that is reserved for sessions. I mean that session itself ends ok,
but the gc just won't free the memory.

Does anyone else have noticed something similar?

My system:
Windows 2000
JDK 1.4.0
Tomcat 4.0