tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <..@mail.tiggee.com>
Subject Getting mod_webapp to accomplish the same thing at the mod_jk
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 12:36:59 GMT

I am having no luch at getting the mod_webapp (tomcat 4.x on apache
1.3.x)  to accomplish the same tasks as the mod_jk (tomcat 3.x on apache
1.3.x)

Here is what I have using the mod_jk (using tomcat 3.x on apache 1.3.x)

For the http.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /home/web/mysite
        ServerName www.mysite.com
        JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
        JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
        CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log_dnsme common
</VirtualHost>

For the server.xml
<Host name="www.dnsmadeeasy.com">
	<Context path="" docBase="/home/web/mysite" debug="0"/>
</Host>

Here is what I have using mod_webapp (using tomcat 4.x on apache 1.3.x)

The httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.12>
 ServerName www.mysite.com
 DocumentRoot /home/web/mysite/
 WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
</VirtualHost>

The server.xml:
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to
-->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="www.mysite.com" debug="0">
      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>
      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->
    </Engine>
  </Service>

This obviously is wrong.  I'm stumped here and I am unable to get it
working.  Can someone point me along.  I was able to get the Tomcat
examples running, but I was unable to get my own site up.

Thanks for any help.