tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Vestavik <Oyvind.Vesta...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Query
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 16:13:37 GMT

What happens if you just enter http://localhost:8080 ??

If entering the url without the "/greeting" returns a page saying
"If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup
Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!" then everything is allright..

Entering http://localhost:8080/greeting means that you are requesting a
servlet/webapp called greeting that you have not installed or made yet..

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no