tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Caton <p...@mama.stg.brown.edu>
Subject Re: I'm getting no responses to my requests for help on this list
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 17:42:31 GMT
Hi Gary,

The netstat message tells you that some process is indeed using that
port. I was going to suggest you follow Olaf Jahn's suggestion to find
out what it is, but I see Alan Eustace has already provided the answer
(ie. it's almost certainly IIS listening onthat port). Looks like
you're going to have to find an unoccupied port and change your
server.xml file as others have described.

Good luck,

Paul.

--
Paul Caton
Electronic Publications Editor

 e-mail: paul@mail.stg.brown.edu
    tel: (401) 863-3619
address: Box 1841, Brown University, Providence RI 02912