tomcat-users mailing list archives

From TMo...@s-s-t.com
Subject Re: reloadable=true not working---> problems with reloading servl ets
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 16:43:13 GMT

Just my two cents, but I never have developers work on the same server
instance. You can run multiple tomcat instances on the same server, or you
can run one on each developer workstation (what I usually do). The whole
reason I'm using tomcat is because it's free and lightweight enough to
deploy on most workstations.

                      Ray Letts

                      <rletts@etc.bc.c         To:      Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      a>                       cc:

                                               Subject: Re: reloadable=true not working--->
problems with reloading
                      05/17/2002 10:59         servl    ets

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to "Tomcat Users

                      List"

  Yes the manager app will restart and the Tomcat will reload but I want
Tomcat to detect newly compiled class files and reload without
restarting, whether via the command line or via the manager web app.

This will avoid developers asking each other if they can 'restart'
Tomcat while working on code.

Ray

For additional commands, e-mail: <