tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jmor...@thekennagroup.com
Subject RE: problem with jsessionid
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 15:59:42 GMT

Thank you all for your responses.

The curious thing is that I am using the same browser to view the exact
same files on both servers.  Nothing is changing, as far as I can tell.

I did restart the Tomcat service on the Live machine after copying the
configuration files and both servers are on our local intranet.

Also, I tested another JSP file on the Live server that 'POST's a form and
the jsessionid was again appended to the URL of the results page.  This
doesn't happen for the same file on the Dev server.

Jonathan

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Lance Smith"          |
|         |           <lsmith@emergent-netsol|
|         |           utions.com>            |
|         |                                  |
|         |           28/05/2002 10:51 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           "Tomcat Users List"    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                             |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  RE: problem with jsessionid

Per Craig's post yesterday session ids are *path* parameters, not *query*
parameters. Designated by the separation using a ';' instead of '?'.

This is per the servlet specification so that sessions can be tracked on
clients that don't have cookies turned on.

You probably should look at finding a way around it in you're result page
as
this is driven more from the client than Tomcat.

Lance