tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: -- A JAR For All Seasons --
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 12:25:59 GMT

If you have jars that need to be accessed by multiple contexts, you should
place them under $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory. But since jars placed under
the $CATALINA_HOME/lib are shared by all web applications, the company that
hosts your site might be a little reluctant to implement this. But you
could package your class files like *com.yourdomainname.somedirectoryname*.
Note, this doesn't guarantee that only your web application have access to
these classes. But it might help in swaying their decision in your favor.

RS

"Tony LaPaso" <tlapaso@attbi.com> on 05/16/2002 07:09:50 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>