tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitc...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: Stopping display of included jsp modules
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 01:11:53 GMT
Have you considered placing your jsp under WEB-INF?

If you are displaying all your jsp as a result of a servlet forward, then
doing this will allow the container to disallow direct access (directly
calling the jsp from the browser) and force all requests to go through your
servlets. (no need to map *.jsp to any servlet to filter/catch)

I do this in all my projects, I use the html base tag, so I can find out
which page the request came from (if needed).  If you do this though, make
sure that all your page links reference from the document root (e.g.
/servletcontext/images/img3.jpg) and same goes for applets, flash files,
included JavaScript and all others.

JM

For additional commands, e-mail: