tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marcio Adriano Oliveira" <molive...@truecontext.com>
Subject JAAS inside of a Servlet
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 18:42:37 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to run the simple authentication inside a Servlet and I'm getting
a security exception:
"unable to instantiate LoginConfiguration".
I have the same code working from a stand-alone application.
I read on that there is a problem with jdk 1.3 and JAAS 1.0, so I did what
they recommend to put the jaas.jar and login module jar on the classpath, I
did and didn't work.
I found also that the jdk 1.4 would fix this problem, installed and I still
have the problem.

Any help would be very appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Marcio Adriano

PS.: The following is the full exception message:

java.lang.SecurityException: unable to instantiate LoginConfiguration
        at
javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:
212)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$1.run(LoginContext.java:166)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:163)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:319)
        at
com.truecontext.wasabi.presentation.control.web.handlers.LoginHandler.doStar
t(LoginHandler.java:75)
        at
com.truecontext.wasabi.presentation.control.web.RequestProcessor.processRequ
est(RequestProcessor.java:86)
        at
com.truecontext.wasabi.presentation.control.web.MainServlet.doProcess(MainSe
rvlet.java:191)
        at
com.truecontext.wasabi.presentation.control.web.MainServlet.doGet(MainServle
t.java:140)
        at
com.truecontext.wasabi.presentation.control.web.MainServlet.doPost(MainServl
et.java:78)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)
        at
ain.java:193)
        at
va:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
va:201)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)

        at
1011)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)