tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Kofon" <pko...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Control user access to directories in J-T ver 3.3 on unix?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:45:27 GMT
Hi,
I usually use custom user access control (nothing really fancy) since my
passwords are hashed and stored in a database. I never investigated if
Tomcat could give me the level of control I often need.
If you chose to go the same way (i.e. create your own custom solution), then
you could very easily write a filter that blocks access to user directories
and would only allow access depending on criteria that you set. The draw
back I see is that you're using T3.3. If you want to use filters (which I
think is a really cool feature in Servlet 2.3), then you'd have to upgrade
to T4.x.x; unless your apps specifically require T3.3.

Regards,

Paul