tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Edam Cheeseman" <edamcheese...@hotmail.com>
Subject intranet/virtual host
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 14:08:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm running apache-1.3, tomcat-3.3.1, redhat Linux-7.2

I have a servlet which handles uploading new data to a database table which
is read from by the publicly accessable website.

Ideally I'd like to set up some kind of intranet running on the websever
which is not accessable from the outside - like say, run the intranet on
port 81 which is blocked from access by the firewall - on which this servlet
runs.

can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about setting
this up? Is virtual hosts the answer? And if so can I set it up so that it
runs on a seperate port? Would I need a second instance of tomcat to do
this?

thanks for any advice,

Paul