tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Karl Leipzig" <karl_leip...@hotmail.com>
Subject InitParameters missing in ServletConfig when Servlet-loading triggerd through Re
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 11:52:54 GMT
Hello,
using Tomcat 4.0.3 (and 4.0.2 also) I encounter the following problem:

Problem setup:
My servlet has no <load-on-startup/> set.

I start Tomcat.
I trigger the loading of servlet A through a RequestDispatchers forward as
quoted below.
I trace my servlet A's ServletConfig init-parameters in the init() method
call.
The newly loaded servlet A's ServletConfig DOES NOT contain the
init-parameters I specifed in web.xml!

Unsatisfying solution setup:
This time I specify a <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> in web.xml:

I start Tomcat.
The loading of servlet A is triggerd through the container on startup.
I trace my servlet A's ServletConfig init-parameters in the init() method
call.
The newly loaded servlet A's ServletConfig as expected DOES contain all
init-parameters I specifed in web.xml.

Why are my init-parameters missing in the first case?

Thank you,
Philipp.

Code used for forwarding:
RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher =
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/" +
responsibleServletName);
requestDispatcher.forward(servletRequest, servletResponse);