tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Suresh Akula" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat & Cocoon Question
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 13:11:26 GMT

hmmm..i think u did not get my question. as u said first of all i am using
WEB-INF instead of web-inf. also abt the gui..i have html file under
$tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet/servlets and this html loads the applet
class appletthread.class. first i put that appletthread.class  in the same
directory where this html file is present but now as you said i moved it to
the base directory i.e $tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet but it doesn't work
.problem is not with directory structure i mean where we are placing
files..because applet is being shown with empty 400 x 400 pixels but with no
GUI components on it. so there is problem with the applet itself not the
applet directory structure. also the html file need not have to be in
$tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet can be somewhere like
$tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet/dirone/dirtwo because we anyway set that
html page path in web-inf/web.xml

i have no clue. first of all there is issue with applet and then with
hierarchy me

>From: Anthony Diodato <>
>To: "''" <>
>Subject: Tomcat & Cocoon Question
>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:45:49 -0400
>Im using Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 3.2.4. IIS 5.0 as my Webserver.
>I have Tomcat processing my Cocoon xml, and IIS doing all of the static
>My problem is this.
>If I go to it works fine, but if I go to
> it gives me a directory listing of what is in that
>Id like for it to default to the index.xml file.
>Can this be done??
>Anthony Diodato
>Anthony Diodato
>Webmaster - IT
>Prophet 21, Inc.
>19 West College Avenue
>Yardley, PA 19067
>1-800-776-7438, ext. 4600
>Fax: 215-321-8014
>Prophet 21 -- Powering the Distribution Industry for the Digital Age
>For the latest press releases from Prophet 21 --
>*	2/12/2001 - Trading Partner Connect Offers Enterprise-to-Enterprise
>(E2E) Commerce
>*	2/9/2001 -- Prophet 21 CommerceCenter 8.0 is Now Available
>*	2/9/2001 -- Prophet 21 Upgrades and Enhances Prophet 21 Acclaim
>For the latest articles on Prophet 21
>Visit our website at
>The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain legally
>privileged information.  It is intended solely for the person or entity to
>which it is addressed.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
>unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>copying, distribution, action taken, or action omitted to be taken in
>reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this
>e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
>To unsubscribe:   <>
>For additional commands: <>
>Troubles with the list: <>

To unsubscribe:   <>