tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ghorpade, Rajendra" <RGhorp...@onebridge.de>
Subject RE: Conncurency issue with tomcat???
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:53:52 GMT
Peter,

>If your problem isn't caused by un synchronized hashtable, more
The problem is not the synchronized hashtable.It is just a check to see that
sessions are not mingled.Before I did'nt had this check.But I was wondering
why my code was not behaving as I wished.Then during debugging I found that
the two threads had the same session at the same time.After this I had added
this simple check.

>information would help diagnose the problem, like what is the time out
>value set for sessions? What is the time out value for connections? Is
>persistent sessions turned on? Are you setting the timeout value in your
>servlet/jsp?

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="200" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

these are my connector settings.

>Perhaps try a third party http connection library. I've used HttpClient
>before and it works well. the library includes more features and better
>handlings.
may be I try this library  and also a different JVM implementation(like IBM
etc)

>I would give JMeter a try first before using HTTPclient library.
I would try this.

>It's
>unlikely there are duplicate live sessions, since that would be a
>critical security flaw.
u r right?? I have the same feeling.
But I did'nt understand still how a server behaviour will be influenced by
the client.

Raj