tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Constantin Wolber <constan...@cwolber.de>
Subject Re: Create the webapp DSO
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:53:00 GMT
Samstag, 1. Juni 2002 00:09 schrieb Paula_J_Bosch@consecofinance.com:
> I downloaded the apache 2x and tomcat 4.0.3 binaries. I got both running
> fine in stand alone mode (ie..pulling sample pages).  I downloaded the
> tomcat connectors tar.
>
> I ran the following script:
>
>    cd ${TOMCAT_CONNECTORS_SRC_HOME}/webapp
>                      chmod +x support/*.sh
>                      ./support/buildconf.sh
>                      ./configure --with-apxs=${APACHE_HOME}/bin/apxs
>                      make

Hi Paula,

I understood your question the {TOMCAT_CONNECTORS_SRC_HOM}/webapp/README.txt
states:

we need to download the
APR (Apache Portable Runtime) sources. To do this simply:

    cd ./jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic \
        checkout apr

When the APR sources are in place, we need to create the configure
script, configure both APR and the WebApp module and compile:

    ./support/buildconf.sh

This is what I had to do before I could compile the connectors.

Hope that helps