tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Constantin Wolber <constan...@cwolber.de>
Subject Ideas for a wrapper for ManagerServlet
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 13:41:23 GMT
Hi,

ok my tomcat is working fine. Now I want to code a Servlet for the Manager
APP. The problem is that I can href to the manager app but then everybody
would be able to use the complete manager app, since either the username and
password would be hardcoded into the href attribute or I would have to add
every user to the tomcat manager role.
My question is, is there a possibility to programm a forward into a servlet
which doesn't use an relative url but an absolute?
As far as i know the RequestDispatcher works only for relative URLs. But I
need this for absolute URLs.

Cu