tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <devli...@logemann.info>
Subject reloading with ant
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 14:03:20 GMT
Hi,

i just wanna ask if the following scenario is the best for re-deploying WARs:

I am doing my build task with ant and transfer the WAR file of my application
into the webapps folder of tomcat. Then i do a GET task with ant in order to
re-deploy it, exacltly i would do a MANAGER REMOVE and MANAGER INSTALL with ant.
I could delete the existing appfolder before i do install, but it should be the same.

Are there any better routines for automatic re-deploy or hot-deploy?

Of course in order to do a manager remoce or manager install, i have to edit the web.xml
of the manager app in order not to come up with basic http authentication or?

I am quite sure that there must be tons of developers which solved this problem
cause the ANT-Tomcat workflow seems very common :)