tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schiza, Apostolia (ISS Atlanta)" <ASch...@iss.net>
Subject tomcat service not accessing DSNs
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 19:43:06 GMT
Hello,
I am working Win2k Server, and I have tomcat running as a service, from
LocalSystem Account.
I have created System Data Sources on windows to get to Databases residing
remotely (I have
actually created permanent mapped drives to those machines, so that I will
specify the DB path
in the DSN).
It seems like tomcat cannot access these DSNs, because I get the following
error:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)'
is not a valid path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and
that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

When Tomcat is running standalone (not as a service) then it can access the
DSN data just fine.

I tried having the service running as an admin, but no luck.

Any ideas??

Thank you!

-Lia