tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: Need Hel plz
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 23:21:51 GMT
I'd do getRemoteAddr, other wise you'd have to convert the name to an ip
when users try to login (everytime).  Both of them return Strings (I was
incorrect about the java.net.InetAddress, that's what happens when I talk
prior to looking), so unless you want to incurr the cpu and io required to
convert a String host name to an ip address you'd be better off using the
getRemoteAddr.

Also, it's getRemoteAddr not GetRemoteAddr, if you try the latter you'll get
compile errors.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson