tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: Need Help plz
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 00:17:19 GMT
mod_jk, mod_jserv or mod_webapp, they are the "glue" that allows tomcat to
respond for the jsp and servlets and allows apache to serve all the static
content (pictures, html files, etc).  If you're running "apache and tomcat"
then you've got to be using one of them unless you are putting a different
port in all the href's and form action's that point to tomcat.  If you don't
know what you're running, then you can go to netcraft (www.netcraft.com) and
find out what it thinks you're running on your web server.  Generally if
you're running a java environment under apache it'll tell you what connector
you're using.  At least it does in my experience.

If you're using mod_jserv or mod_webapp you're going to have to look to
someone else for assistance, I haven't played with jserv in ages (and don't
want to again) and haven't looked at webapp yet, as I'm only using tomcat
3.x.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson