tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vaneet Sharma <Van...@iwg.info>
Subject RE: Conncurency issue with tomcat???
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:13:15 GMT
Sychronize the method
  that is using hastable
or synchronize the.... Block
   it will work

-----Original Message-----
From: Ghorpade, Rajendra [mailto:RGhorpade@onebridge.de]
Sent: 16 May 2002 16:04
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Conncurency issue with tomcat???

Sorry, I mean to say I do not invalidate the session myself but it is
invalidated by tomcat.
After the 5th step I send a request without the cookie so new session is
created on the server.

I myself is not managing the sesion but it just a simple check in service
method to avoid same sassion id to be allocated to two threads.
As the hashtable is a member of the servlet(my srvlet) I keep a record of
the ongoing sesions in this hashtable.As I am adding and removing the
sesions to this hashtable in the service method itself this ensures that for
N number of threads(concurrent) there should be always N different entries
in the hashtable.If the session id from any request thread is one already
present in the hashtable that means the servlet engine is allowing the same
session id to be used by two different threads at the same time.Because one
thread is already working on this session.

Hope u understand my english ...:-)

Did u get what i have to say??

Raj