tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vaneet Sharma <Van...@iwg.info>
Subject RE: [urgent!] Disabling the context's content listing
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:06:04 GMT
nancy
  look below
this is web.xml
add the welcome-file-list to your web.xml file

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd">
<web-app>

<welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
      </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

-----Original Message-----
Fro: Nancy Crisostomo Martinez [mailto:nancycm@correo.uqroo.mx]
Sent: 16 May 2002 15:45
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: [urgent!] Disabling the context's content listing

Hi!
Does anybody know how to disable the content of a context listing?

I mean, when you try to load a JSP file you must type the following URL:

http://address:8080/contextname/file.jsp

But when you type http://address:8080/contextname all the list of jsp,
gif, jpg files are showed and even you can download the file thru the
right button of your mouse with ("Save target as...")...

It would be right if instead of the listing, a "Forbidden" or "Not
Found" page appears, wouldn't it?
So, could you help me to disable this kind of access?
I'll appreciate all your advice!!!

Thank you in advance!
Nancy.