tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tamir <ta...@movious.com>
Subject RE: Classloader question
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 08:05:36 GMT
Hi,
I had many problems with classloaders using tomcat 3.3.1.
I think you shouldn't be suprised by the LinkageError, cause you actually
load this class twice, once by the context class loader and second by the
apps
class loader.
What I don't remember is the hirarcy between these two class loaders
(maybe you can check in the archives, and understand better what's
happening).
What I don't understand is why using two different versions of the same
class.
Isn't it some kind of troublemaker?

Tamir

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Felarca [mailto:gennadius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 7:06 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Classloader question

Hello,

I have a situation with Tomcat 3.3a where I am trying
to allow a specific servlet context to load a version
of a class from within their WEB-INF/classes
directory, while other contexts on the server use a
different version of that class that is loaded by the
apps classloader.

I can currently get the context classloader to
actually load the correct class, however later on
during init, I am getting a java.lang.LinkageError
saying that the specific class that is being loaded
twice is violating the loader constraints.

Can anyone point me to any resources that would help
me solve this problem? Any similar experiences or
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mario-