tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ueli Staempfli" <ueli.staemp...@iclip.ch>
Subject problem with mime-type "application/csv"
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:35:42 GMT
I would like to return a stream through my application an save it as a
CSV-File. I tried adding

<mime-mapping>
        <extension> csv </extension>
        <mime-type> application/csv </mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

to my web.xml file in the conf directory of Tomcat(3.2.3) and it didn't
work. The mime-type is set to application/csv so the browser should
recognize it (it's not a file with extension *.csv) and show the save-as
dialog (?). Instead of that the text appears in the browser as normal html
output.
I tried it with ie5.5 and netscape6.2.
I saw various messages with questions about this problem, but no answer...

Any help appreciated...
Ueli