tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Subir Sengupta <su...@walmart.com>
Subject I'm sure someone has tried this!! RE: Problem changing the defau lt cookie name JSESSIONID
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 16:38:38 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Subir Sengupta [mailto:subir@walmart.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 8:42 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Problem changing the default cookie name JSESSIONID

Hi All,

I need to change the cookie name form JSESSIONID to something else.  I
changed the default in org.apache.catalina.Globals.java.  I also recompiled
all the classes that had references to the Globals.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME
constant.  After re-jarring catalina.jar I restarted Tomcat and it still
created cookies with JSESSIONID as the cookie name.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing.  Is there any other class that I
missed.  I did grep through the class files and found my cookie name, so it
looks like everything compiled correctly.

Also, does anyone know which class creates new cookies?

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3, Apache 1.3 and running on a Linux server.

Thanks in advance,
Subir

 <<Subir Sengupta (E-mail).vcf>>