tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Whitcomb, Roger" <Roger.Whitc...@ca.com>
Subject RE: OutofMemoryError
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 16:21:05 GMT
Matthew -
	If you're really running 3.1.1 of Tomcat, I would upgrade to 3.3.x
or 4.0 -- the 3.1 series is pretty out-of-date and nobody is doing
development on it anymore.  Wouldn't be surprised if there are memory leaks
and such . . . .  See the text out on http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat about
release versions.

Roger Whitcomb
Computer Associates
Senior Software Engineer
Development
Phone: +1 408 965 8653
FAX: +1 408 965 8805
roger.whitcomb@ca.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ca.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Boeckman [mailto:matthewb@saepio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 9:08 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: OutofMemoryError

Hello List.

I'm running tomcat 3.1.1 on RH7.1, kernel 2.4.9-31 with JDK1.3.1, mysql
3.23.43
I am occasionally seeing tomcat go postal with the following errors:
Exception in thread "CompileThread0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
requested 32760 bytes

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
No information available.
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x419852cb
Function name=(N/A)
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
       just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
       reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x0x419852cb
SIGNAL            = 11
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
LIBRARY NAME      = (N/A)
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.

Any thoughts on what might be the cause? There is nothing in the log
files to tell me more than this, which gets dumped to the console.

-Thanks!

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies