tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Smith, Roger C" <RSm...@sikorsky.com>
Subject IIS Admin Service fails to start
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 19:04:42 GMT
We are experiencing a problem that may be related to TomCat running as a
service.

It seems that when TomCat is running as a service and we try to stop/start
IIS....IIS fails to restart.  If we stop and disable the TomCat service, IIS
can be successfully recycled.

Here are the series of errors we get we trying to recycle IIS while tomcat
service is up:
*	Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the IIS Admin Service
service to connect.
*	The IIS Admin Service service failed to start due to the following
error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.
*	DCOM got error "The service did not respond to the start or control
request in a timely fashion. " attempting to start the service IISADMIN with
arguments "" in order to run the server:
{A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750}

(The above errors occur repeatedly until IIS is successfully restarted.)

Do you have any knowledge of this problem?  Does the TomCat service need to
be stopped before recycling IIS?

We are running Tomcat 3.2.2 on a Win2K Server SP/2.
I have followed the instructions in your article labeled: Working with the
Jakarta NT Service.

Roger Smith
Webmaster
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation