tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Gardner" <>
Subject RE: Best practices for deployment?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 17:50:25 GMT
This is cool!

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan []
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List;
Subject: Re: Best practices for deployment?

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:22:44 -0600
> From: Sean LeBlanc <>
> Subject: Best practices for deployment?
> I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy an application...I see
> the manager application has a way to deploy the application, but the war
> file or tree has to be on the server deployed to, correct? What do you
> guys do in testing and/or production environments? Make a tarball and
> scp or ftp it over, and then untar there?
> It'd be *really* cool to get Ant to automate a deploy to Tomcat if
> possible.

Look no farther than the 4.1.1 test release (or any very recent nightly
build), and you will get both of these wishes granted:

* Includes custom Ant tasks that interact with the Manager webapp.

* The "/deploy" command (and corresponding <deploy> task) can upload
  a war file to a remote Tomcat server.

> Thanks,
> Sean

To unsubscribe, e-mail: