tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: How to get debug info
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 08:56:57 GMT
Not sure what you're asking in the first part...but...

> does File2.jsp inherit
> objects from File1.jsp?

No, not exactly.  If you want to share some objects, you should have your
jsp code put objects into the request scope (it's kind of like the "session"
or "application" scope setAttribute() and getAttribute() -- except that the
scope dies at the end of the current request).

request.setAttribute("Foo", bar);

then to retrieve:
request.getAttribute("Foo");

or to retrieve an alternate way:
<jsp:useBean id="Foo" scope="request" class="java.util.ArrayList" />

cheers
fillup