tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: how can I put my classes in packages?
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 08:28:45 GMT
I'm going to post this to the list because a few people have asked off-list
about how to make packages for their classes. Once you learn to do this, and
put all your classes in packages, it clears up a lot of "basic" problems,
such as the mysterious "why can't my JSP find my class?" problem.

It's also something you need to understand when you're working with code
from other people.  The end of the article treats what you're doing as a
standalone application, but you can ignore all that.

fillup

Start here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/interpack/packages.html

and keep clicking the right-arrow to go to the next page for about 5-10
pages...