tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't pick up my classes
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 07:47:19 GMT
>> From the error message, your class LogonData is part of the
> "org.apache.jsp" packages.
> If that is right, you will need to put the class file LogonData.class in c:
> \tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB_INF\classes\org\apache\jsp

Sorry to be a pedant, but this is not true.  Tomcat looks for classes that
don't "have" a package home in the tomcat default jsp package -- which is
org.apache.jsp .  This is why you either need to explicitly import the
classes before you use them or put them in your own packages to avoid this
problem altogether.

See my answer of about 5 minutes ago.

cheers
fillup