tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: Session variables & RAM vs. DB Queries
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 17:26:45 GMT
you should absolutely minimize the amount of things you keep in the session,
IMHO.  The database is made for scaling like this, session objects are not.

Basically the database will be able to handle concurrent uses better than
cramming data into the session.

I store very little information in the session, especially because the more
data you store there, the less scalable your application becomes.

just my 2 cents --- minimize.

fillup