tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ashraf Fouad" <ashraf_fo...@rayasoftware.com>
Subject Visual Age 3.5 + tomcat test environment 3.1
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 16:58:07 GMT

Dear all,
    I installed Tomcat 3.1 test environment on Visual Age for Java 3.5 patch 2 in order to
support servlet 2.2, JSP 1.1

I want to debug the JSPs or the generated Servlet code, I knew that the test environment was
generating the JSP to "JSP Page Compile Generated Code" inorder to debug, but I can debug
my ordinary classes easy but the JSP is not generated in this project, it is generated in
the work directory of tomcat.

I installed tomcat test environment on other 3 machines on the same version of Visual Age
& it generates the compiled code, so I must have accidentally disabled this feature or
something from my IDE or I don't know exactly what happened, so anyone can help me.

I also included the project "JSP Page Compile Generated Code" in the tomcat classpath runner
file, and still can't get the servlets.
Plz if anyone can help, because I'm running out of time, and Debugging a JSP is too much difficult
without debugger tool.

Eng. Ashraf Fouad Ayoub
Senior Developer (Technical Operations)
Raya Software (known previously as Mega for Software Development)
Subsidiary of Raya Holding
1 Abdel-Hamid Lotfy St.
Nasr city, 11371, Cairo, Egypt.
Tel. (+202) 670-3301/2/3/4 ext.295