tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lee Chin Khiong <le...@cmks.com.sg>
Subject RE: JDBC trouble
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 07:43:53 GMT

WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO PUT THE .JAR FILE IN $CATALINA_HOME/COMMON/LIB AND YOUR
.JSP IN $CATALINA_HOME/WEBAPPS/ROOT/YOUR_JSP_FOLDER/YOUR_JSP.JSP

-----Original Message-----
From: Mauricio Tia Ni Gong Lin [mailto:lin@fua.br]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 4:57 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JDBC trouble

Hi everybody,

When I try to access the PostgreSQL DataBase using Tomcat 4.0.3 the
following error message is displayed at the browser:

<--
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type: Exception report

message: Internal Server Error

Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: /Expressions.jsp(10,38) Attribute
org.postgresql.Driver has no value

-->

The package "postgresql.jar" (driver for the database) I put in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib directory and the .jsp file
in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp directory. But it does not work.

I checked the same source code in a normal application .java (terminal)
instead of using .jsp in Tomcat (web browser) and it's doing well. I guess
that I need to configure the Tomcat in order to find the DataBase
driver, but I am not sure.

Could you help me? I need some instructions or examples.

Regards,

Mauricio Lin.